Stillwater was incorporated as a village in 1816, and the bounds were from the Stillwater brook half a mile up, and on the north included the Bartlett farm. Afterwards the bounds were extended south. In 1875 the census of the village showed 797 inhabitants, and 123 voters. Visit the Village Historian page for a complete history.
The Village is located on Routes 4 and 32 within the Town of Stillwater in Saratoga County, 25 miles north of our state capital Albany, New York. A large percentage of our business district overlooks the scenic Hudson River and makes visiting a true pleasure.